Friday 4 January 2013

resolutions

This is the first year I have pondered and penned resolutions for the New Year. I guess because I am more aware now of those daily rituals or neccessities you tend to neglect once becoming a parent?

I am determined to honor these intentions, so am starting out small - no point setting myself up for failure by being overly ambitious...

Personal Resolutions:
  • To drink 2 litres (8 glasses) of water a day.  Unlike most, my body is made up of 90% tea.  I have met my daily quota this past 3 days (barely), and aside from the fact my bladder hasn't yet adjusted, I can honestly say I do feel better already...

  • Start reading again - actual books that is!  When I welcomed Matilda in to my life, it seems I simultaneously bid farewell to my short term memory - no sooner had I read a page did the words evaporate in to thin air, and I'd have to start all over again.  I figure my mind just needs to be retrained - so will aim for 1 book per month this year, a total of 12 completed novels is the goal.

Family Resolution:
  • Only purchase and consume Free Range Meat at home - after watching this series late last year, the Boy and I made the decision to commit to Free Range from here on in.  To make this affordable, we will incorporate 2-3 vegetarian meals per week - better for the animals, better for our health.
So there they are, in black and white.  Let's hope this time next year I can look back with pride - fully hydrated, focus restored, with a clearer conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment