Saturday 1 September 2012

PS i love you



Over the past few weeks we have been making the tricky transition from 2 day sleeps to 1 long afternoon siesta... Some days with great success, Little Miss sleeping soundly for a whole 3 glorious hours - granting me not only the luxury of eating lunch at actual lunch time, but also enough time to blast through a few neglected chores and relax a precious while...Other days, particularly after a restless night, stretching out that morning play session or outting can be tricky - on come the cranky pants, and nothing I do seems to please...

On days such as these, I have only found one tried-and-true remedy, guaranteed to calm her down and chase away that evil twin within... Play School.
Like every guilt-struck mumma, I am ever conscious of not allowing too much screen time throughout the day - but I have to admit, the wholesome, crafty, sing-song loving folks on PS really are quite alluring... Matilda just LOVES it, and both the Boy and I are actually becoming quite addicted ourselves.
When the opening tune, "There's a bear in there..." starts up, her litle arms begin flapping expectantly, head starts bopping up and down in typical happy-dance fashion - the immediate transition from shreaking banchee to joyful cherub is truly amazing, and totally priceless.

I record episodes whenever I remember, so that a stash of fresh material is at the ready when the baby blues arrise and nothing else from my bag of tricks will suffice - a 25 minute episode is often all that is needed to really turn it all around, and give us weery parents time to regroup. 

So thank you Play School for coming to our rescue many times these past few rocky weeks - in particular to Justine, who seems to posess extra magical powers in the baby-cheering department.
We love you x


*special shout out to The Boy today on Father's Day...I am so proud and grateful for the wonderful Daddy you have grown to be - it all came so naturally, and the love I witness between you and Tilly makes my heart swell beyond measure. Thank you for ALL you do for us, your girls are very lucky ladies*

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I try to limit our screen time too but Play School is one show I love for littlies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love playschool here too. It's one show that I never ever feel guilty about. It's pretty cute and all little ones seem to love it. I know I did when I was teeny tiny too.

    ReplyDelete